The Inside Scoop on Homeowners Insurance Policies
Home insurance can be complicated, especially if you add a vacation home to the equation. Take one look at your policy, and you may wonder what it all means. And yet, homeowners insurance is essential to protect the property you’ve worked so hard to acquire.
The independent agents at Anderson & Anderson Insurance will be happy to explain everything you need to know about homeowners insurance, starting with these five tips:
1. You’re generally insured for up to 80 percent of your home’s value. You may choose to purchase an additional rider for the remaining percentage, and raise your deductible to offset the premium.
2. Many factors determine your homeowners insurance and vacation home insurance premiums. It starts with what the home is worth, and is followed closely by what the home is made of, its age and proximity to a fire station, and its general location, to name a few.
3. Title insurance and homeowners insurance are two different things, and you need both.
· Title insurance involves ensuring the title on your home is valid, and without defects or encumbrances.
· Homeowners insurance is for property, possessions, and liabilities of guests on your property.
· Tip: You may supplement your homeowners’ insurance with riders if need be for extra possessions, including items that are extremely valuable, such as jewelry; watercraft or other recreational vehicles you store in your home; as well as additional properties, such as rental or vacation homes.
4. Your neighbor’s homeowners insurance policy should cover expenses involving items on their property doing damage to items on your property. For example, if your neighbor neglects to take down a tree that is known to be diseased and it falls on your fence, you can file a claim with your neighbor’s home insurance provider.
5. Put some thought into how much insurance you need. As your independent insurance agent Anderson & Anderson Insurance can help you determine homeowners insurance and vacation home insurance values, and find the most appropriate coverage of insurance for you, at the most competitive rates.
Always remember, at Anderson & Anderson Insurance, your protection is our policy!